Furry Writers' Guild Forum

What Erotica Anthology themes would you like to see?

Y’all should read A Marriage Of Insects by Bard Bloom, a dragon-type-thing. Off topic, but I think you’d enjoy it :3

I liked A Marriage of Insects, and it’s about insects more than about dragons.

http://anthrozine.com/revw/rvw.patten.10.html

It’s available on Amazon.com.

No, scales/feathers/etc would be acceptable, I dont’ think anyone has a problem with that. But I think you see them less for a few reasons:

People seem more attracted/connected to mammals than any other species. They’re cuter and more familiar. Also it’s easier to accept a world where only one type of animal (mammal, reptile, avian, etc) are anthro, rather than a world where all animals are anthro. So because mammals are more popular and mixing the two is a harder suspension of disbelief, you simply see less. (A mixed world w here everything is anthro makes other issues with furry worlds even more strained, but that’s a separate topic.)

I should amend that I don’t think an EROTIC book that focused on insects would do well. A non-erotic one may do better, because while you still have the same “ew bug” reaction, I think more people would be willing to accept anthro insects than anthro insect sex. A bug-only PG book would (IMO) be cool, but still wouldn’t get as much interest. The same I wager is true for an avian only book.

Lots of things to think on!
I’m definitely going to pick up A Marriage of Insects. Looks like a fun read.

I certainly get that cute and fluffy is going to be the predominant attraction. I like cute and fluffy too. There’s just so much drama built into insect life. :wink:
I think in a PG anthology you’re right, it might be far more palatable.

But I still may have to write some type of bug erotica just because it’s lodged in my head now. And I don’t even write erotica as a matter of course.

BTW, this was Dungeon Grind. Granted, only three stories had monstrous females in it.

I just ordered this: http://www.lethepressbooks.com/store/p419/Transcendent%3A_the_Year's_Best_Transgender_Speculative_Fiction.html it has my fave TF/TG story from 2015 in it.

Hypnosis. Hypnosis. Hypnosis. Nothing like a little mind control, reprogramming, hive mind, succumb to your fate, losing your will to become a faceless thing used only to please your master. Or look through the position of a master like someone who discovers hypnosis and wonders about the power they have or why they love it, etc… Plus there are several methods to do hypnosis outside of colorful eyes. So yeah. Hypnosis. Hypnosis. Hypnosis.

Machines.

ROBOTS. I freakin’ love robots.

Perhaps a scent-based anthology. Smell is important in the animal world.

A few months ago there was some discussion of a vore anthology somewhere on Eka’s Portal, but I don’t think it went anywhere. Swallowtail Productions has published a couple comic/prose (mostly comics) e-zines based on vore though.

I once wrote a story for a mind control/transformation contest, and I actually know a few things about real life hypnosis. That might be interesting.

Rabbit Valley also has two issues of Dragon’s Hoard Presents Nom Noms which is a light vore comic anthology.

Here are the presented anthology ideas that I would be interested in editing:

• Predator/Prey
  • Exotic Species–your reptiles, birds, aquatic creatures, insects, and mammals like pangolins
  • Incest and/or Cheating/cuckoldry–These two topics work together as both are family related, but not sure if adding one to the other would sabotage the book more than help it.
  • Unrealistic/Impossible things–Robots, tentacles, hypnosis, and any other sort of sexual thing that’s just not possible.
  • Small anthologies (3-4 stories) focusing on single fetish

Poll! Poll! Poll!

One that came to me today - given that MILF is one of the most popular search terms, how about an anthology where the primary relationship in the story is between someone young and someone much older, quite possibly playing on the dynamic of experience with inexperience. Might be one-off or brief. A classic MILF example is high-school teen boy and his girlfriend’s mom, though publishers might be reluctant to touch anything where the characters aren’t 18+ (got your ears on, Fuzzwolf?). For the anthology it would probably make sense to be open to other gender combinations.

Again, I’d be in favour of this, because it encourages older female characters to take centre stage.

Age difference is a pretty narrow category, though; how about a broader ‘differences’? That could encompass predator/prey, mammal/reptile, exotic species, and a bunch of other stuff I haven’t even thought of.

Ooh, we could call it FILF!

You’re correct though, speaking for myself at least I won’t publish any under 18s in sexual situations.

Probably won’t be able to find a publisher for that. Although there are some publishers who have a wee bit more slack, not enough for an erotic anthology though

I’m pretty sure there’s enough “cougar” stories to fill a library.

Just from the furry fandom.

Those small anthologies focusing on a single fetish would be good for an ebook release through Bad Dog Books. If the tiny e-anthology does well, it could lead to a longer print version.