Furry Writers' Guild Forum

What Erotica Anthology themes would you like to see?

Just my two cents, but I’d like to publish an anthology of lesbian stories. I’d want it to be plot-driven stories, something respectful.

I would also be interested in an anthology about trans characters because I feel representation is important, but I’m also very wary of causing offense so I’d want to have the involvement of trans authors and a trans co-editor at least. Someone who can make sure we’re not going astray.

Dwalecest

So we were just talking about this on the podcast and honestly, we’re a little surprised a vore anthology hasn’t been done.

Let’s see, we have Heat, ROAR, FANG. This could be GULP.

To be honest Fuzz, I’d love to try a one-shot lesbian erotica anthology with a mixture of character and plot driven stories, and gauge some interest.

Call it “Fur” x)

I’m not as well-read in anthologies as I’d like, so forgive me if I suggest something that’s already been done (if not done half to death), but I came up with a few possible ideas based on what I’d write and want to read.

One I’ve had for a while: I could be wrong, but it seems the traditional “beauty and the beast” dynamic is the norm, so why not change it up? “Beauty is the Beast.” Straight pairings, or maybe a mix of straight/bi/lesbian. Either way, exploring love, intimacy, and/or steaming hot sex with larger, stronger gals, such as dragons, gryphons, werewolves, gnolls, and so on—I hesitate to say more ‘bestial’ or ‘monstrous’ species, but I hope you get the idea.

Or, more generally, just exploring human or anthro with quad/feral characters (passing the Harkness Test, of course). I do recall at least one anthology having done that in part, but why not have more of a good thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

Or! Slightly inspired by the XXXenophile suggestion, throw a biological wrench in the “Universal Male/Female Adapter” trope, whether it be different mating habits clashing or two rather different anatomies requiring creativity to get the best bang for the banging. Though now that I think about it, that might work better as part of a “trope-buster” anthology.

How can you go wrong with quality lesbian stories? This would work great, too.

I was talking with a couple of friends about something like this. I still have too much backed up and too little personal experience, but I would love to see a lesbian or trans anthology hit the markets. Both seem to be very lacking in most collections.

Reech, I was actually going to contact you next week about getting said slower project finally off the ground XD Or at least more of a wish list fleshed out and a few things set in stone. Essentially, I’d love to get part 1 going, and have part 2 started by the time I’m done with this year’s CB.

…er… we’ll talk more on skype :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the thread at hand, I know the inflation community is pretty friggin huge and, if a writer can actually get into writing it, there are plenty of folks willing to pay for quality stories. There are some decent writers in the community as well. I think that would have to be handled with at least one editor who understands the fetish to make sure it’s represented correctly, and the call for submissions would most likely have to go to other places beyond the guild to get enough in. I think the one-off projects sound interesting- you could probably do a whole collection of fetish-focused books with three or four stories each if the first few go well. If anything, that sounds like a fun idea o.o

Oh, I’d love this, just to have more female characters around.

That might be a little too niche.

We’ve gotta promote the genre somehow!

I like this idea.

I’m super hecka interested in more representation from trans characters in furry fiction, smutty or not. Finding a way to make an anthology without it turning into, if you’ll pardon the bluntness, a freakshow would be the difficult part. There would need to be lots of attention paid to the tone of the individual pieces as well as the ways in which they fit together in an anthology.

All the same, I’d be more than willing to help with editing or slushpile reading or whatever needs some trans eyes. And heck, it might get me off my tail to write more, too.

TL;DR yesplz excited wiggle

How about one dealing with Predator versus Prey? That was an idea at one point that was shelved due to one reason or another. Makes for an interesting relationship dynamic, no?

I was about to ask what had happened to that one. It certainly ranks in my top ten favorites >.> Especially when tables can be turned. Would be interested in seeing it happen, even if I do it myself once my plate is a bit more cleared off.

Only spider erotica I ever wrote. XD

Perks ears at the words: Spider Erotica :smiley:

I’m all for an anthology devoted to bugs buggering. XD

Sadly, I don’t think a bug-centric book would do well. :frowning:

It’s a shame, insect copulation is full of elaborate courtship, extreme mechanisms and often the imminent threat of violence. Great fiction fodder there.

I want very much to edit a non-erotic anthology of un-furry furs at some point, but I planned on including scales, fins, hairless and buggy types. But maybe there isn’t much of a market for it? They seem kind of under-represented to me.