Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Furry Trash

Hello, still alive over here and with a new anthology idea, thanks to the wonderful folk of FurDU 2017 for inspiring it!
Hoping to see some quality submissions for this one.

Furry Trash
Some species just aren’t given the rub of the green. Ostracised and stereotyped because of who they are, this anthology gives the chance to shine a light amongst the garbage piles. From the trash panda to the bin chicken, this will be an exploration of the less glamorous side of the furry fandom.

We’re seeking a wide range of stories, with a wide range of species. Bring in your local ‘trash’ for some unique takes on the theme, or use one of the classics in a new light. Even if your main character isn’t a trash species, show how society still considers them such and show their struggles.

The stories must be furry/anthro in some way, but we’re not going to dictate just what that means. Bring your own interpretation to the theme, and justify it with your story.

We are not looking for any erotica themes in this anthology. If sexual themes are needed in your story, fade-to-blacks are acceptable for the naughty scenes, but please not explicit or erotic descriptions at all. Darker themes are welcome, but glorification of rape, racism, and similar divisive themes are not. If you aren’t sure if your story idea/theme is acceptable, please email to confirm.

Reprints are acceptable, so long as any exclusive rights have expired before submission. Simultaneous submissions are not accepted. Multiple submissions are welcomed, though it is unlikely more than one story per author shall be accepted for the anthology.

Word count is 2000-10,000. Some leniency may be given to stories partially over the word limit, but not below.

Payment is 1c/word (AU$) plus a contributor’s copy.

Please send all submissions in Word, using a standard font (e.g. Times New Roman). Use centered *** to indicate section breaks.
Please include your name and email address on the first page of the document.

Please send all submissions to jfrcoates@jaffabooks.com.au

Submissions close 30/11/2017

Release Date: FurDU 2018

Hi Jay,

Is the last day for subs Nov 30th or Dec 1st? My calendar claims there isn’t a Nov 31st.

Just checking so I can add it to the furry anthology Google calendar. :slight_smile:

Yours,
Howl

That’ll be the 30th November! I’m good at this game!

Google searches “most hated animals”

This oughta be fun.

This would accord with a story idea I’ve already been toying with. Hmm.

Bit of bad news unfortunately folks - I’m going to have to cancel this anthology for the time being.
I apologise to those who have submitted or were looking to do so.

Sorry to hear that, mate.

oh no. Just saw. Too bad :frowning:

Hoping to have some news regarding this soon - don’t throw your stories away just yet!

Lol how exactly does one throw away a digital story.

Unless there are those who still use pen and paper. It wasn’t long ago that I still did :confused:

Good news everyone!

Furry Trash is alive and well again!
I’ll be staying on as editor, but the lovely folks at Rabbit Valley will be publishing the anthology now.
At this stage we’re sticking to the original timeframe, but if people need extensions on the deadline then that will be fine.
Payment rates will remain as originally quoted.

Jay, since the publisher has changed does the email to send submissions to change as well? What about the guidelines?

All guidelines and submission email information has remained the same - no changes at all there.

Just a few weeks left here! If you think you need an extension on the closing date, let me know!

Good thing I swung by here and saw this post! Great that it’s come alive, as I think a recently rejected story that was inappropriate for one anthology may have a home in yours…provided it ticks off all the guidelines of course. Gonna read through it later today and see what can be tweaked and hopefully send it off by Monday!

i have a thing! …waiting on a bit of feedback, and once i’ve got that (hopefully in the next couple of days) it’ll be headed your way :smiley:

And submitted!

10 days left to get your submissions in - or your requests for an extension!

Woo, I’ve submitted a thing as well! To be honest I can’t see anyone needing an extension really. The anthology prompt has been up for plenty of time to gather and think on ideas, and the length of time since it was put back on track has been rather sufficient to get a good story down I’d say. But either way good luck with things! crosses his wingtips

Many people could have a plethora of reasons for asking to submit late. I know one writer who needed an extension due to a natural disaster that hit near the submission time; others might have health concerns that don’t let them get words down.

I might have to ask for one as I was silly and sat on my paws for so long before editing it. And I have another deadline right around the corner that is super important to me that has added to my distraction.

One never really knows what’s going on in another’s life. And the request is more between the editor and the writer. So… yeah.