Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Beta read -- unusual story

I have a short story that I’ve been sitting on for a while, and I’d be interested in getting some opinions on it.

It’s a story that is anthro, at least in a way, but is not particularly furry, per se. I had one person read it and, while he had some interesting feedback, I felt as though the critique he offered would have pretty much completely undermined the effect I was aiming for. But I’m curious to see if other readers might have the same reaction as he. The story is called “Talking to Strangers” and is about 1800 words; I am loath to provide too much more detail because part of the effect I’m aiming for relies on a growing realization

I have no idea what I am planning on doing with this story, in honesty, but I hope I might be able to find a market for it…somewhere.

For anyone willing to look it over, I’ll be happy to review something of similar scale!

Sounds intriguing. I won’t be able to get to it until next week, but feel free to shoot it my way: monsieurlerenard (at) gmail (dot) com

Everything I have right now is in progress, so no need for reciprocity this time.

at 1800 words i can provide some feedback in a day or 3. send it to jlsteeleauthor [a t] aol.com

I don’t mind checking it out. A mail is alex96009620@gmail.com