Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Seeking editor for the next guild anthology

First off, I want to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the number of qualified applicants I heard from. All in all, we had 5 applicants for editor, not counting those who either posted here or contacted me regarding volunteering to help with slush or other duties. My thought process went from “I have no idea who’s going to do this” to “oh, crap, now I have a big decision to make” pretty quickly. :slight_smile:

I can honestly say that I could have chosen any one of those applicants and felt confident that the next anthology was in good hands. That’s a great thing – even if it did make my job really, really difficult – and while I’ve thanked everyone privately, I do want to thank all the applicants again here, for being willing to step up and take on a big project like this to help out the guild.

That said – my congratulations to Ocean Tigrox, who will be our editor of the next installment of Tales From the Guild. I was very impressed with Ocean’s work with his recent noir anthology Inhuman Acts, and I’m looking forward to seeing what he does with the next FWG anthology.

More details to come, of course, so keep an eye here on the forums for the latest news as things develop.

Congrats, Ocean!

Also, that really is fantastic that there were so many qualified applicants!

Many Congrats Ocean!!

Congrats Ocean! My offer to slush read stands.

Awesome! Congratulations, Ocean!

Thank you everyone. Seeing all the replies gets me even more excited to help out.

I’ve got some ideas on how to make this anthology something different and awesome but I’ll also be looking for feedback from the guild. As well, I will be looking for others who would like to help out in one way or another and it’s great to see many who have already expressed a lot of interest.

Please check back on the forums for more information once we start to kick things off!