Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Resignation

I hereby resign from the office of president of the Furry Writers’ Guild, effective immediately.

There are two reasons for this.

The first is that I’m not at all well. That’s between me, my family (chosen and biological), and the various doctors involved. It shouldn’t affect the Guild, but it’s not compatible with me staying in this role.

The second is that the strength of the guild lies in the social interactions that it provides, and that is something I’m fantastically bad at, when it comes to leadership roles. For that reason, I recused myself of moderation early on, but that’s certainly not helped anything, and may have made things worse. The Guild deserves better.

The follow-up procedure is as so:

[ul][li]Chipotle is to be president pro tempore[/li]
[li]There will be an emergency election for the office of president within one month[/li][/ul]

I wish the Guild and its membership nothing but the best.

You may find me on Twitter as @drab_makyo or @makyo_writes, on Telegram as @DrabMakyo, or over email as makyo@drab-makyo.com, but for now, I’m stepping away from the forums and Slack until health stuff is resolved.

Forever in your debt,

Madison Scott-Clary

I hope you get to feeling better. Thank you for your service.

Thank you for your honorable service, Maddy. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you for everything you’ve done so far. Your health and safety first, I always say. Hope you feel better soon.

Yes, thank you. So glad to get to know you in Minneapolis. Wish you healthfulness and all happiness.

MJE

I hope you feel better soon and I send all the hugs.

All the best to you, Madison. Be well and take care of yourself. For what it’s worth, I feel you did a good job during your time as CEO

Thank you for leading the guild, and I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for your service, and I hope things are better for you soon.

Get well soon, I hope. D:

Thank you for your work, Makyo! It’s been good to work with you over the past few months, and I hope you’re feeling a lot better soon.

Belatedly, thank you for your service, Makyo! It was great to meet you at FC, and I hope you will feel better soon. Take care! :heart:

A little late on this, but hopefully you feel better and thank you for everything!