Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Recommendations of Works Published in 2016

I published a novella with Thurston Howl Publications in 2016:
We Live for Half-Moons

Weasel Press released the anthology Fragments of Life’s Heart containing the short stories:

Tending the Fires - Jess E Owen
Transitions - Mog Moogle
Yet Time and Distance - Kris Carver
Polynomials - Fever Low
Raise Your Voice - Stefano “Mando” Zocchi
Going Out - T C Powell
Harvest Home - Altivo Overo
The Foreigner - Dwale
Trade All the Stars - Watts Martin
Draw to the Heart - Ocean Tigrox
Paint the Square-Cut Sky - Slip-Wolf
Hearth Soup - Laura “Munchkin” Lewis
Brass Candy Girl - M C A Hogarth
Footsteps - Televassi
Rain Check - Field T Mouse

Red Ferret Press released The Goat by Bill Kieffer (18+), a novella, and Knotted (18+): A BDSM Anthology, Containing the stories:

Okami to Shika by Corgi.W
Pony She Wrote by Franklin Leo
A Moment of Darkness by NightEyes DaySpring
Due by Slip-Wolf
Family Ties by Hooves
Submit by Arian Mabe
Resolutions by Khaz
The Meat Market by Kits Koriohn

In 2016 I published three books, all qualifying as furry and all listed at https://www.amazon.com/Kris-Schnee/e/B00IY1HDDY/ :
“Dragon Fate: Interactive Fiction” (an interactive story)
“The Digital Coyote” (hard SF)
“Thousand Tales: Extra Lives” (hard SF)

I had the fortune of publishing three stories in furry markets this year.

Beast
His Dog both in issues of GoAL

The Going Forth of Uadjet in Gods with Fur

I also published a furry story, Domestic Violence, in the Domesticated Velociraptors anthology, but since the antho wasn’t furry I’m not sure that is eligible.

If the story is furry, then the story is eligible. It doesn’t have to be in a furry market.

Also, Domesticated Velociraptors?!? What a delightful title! I may need to look into that anthology…

The L. A. Public Library has sent me Memoirs of a Polar Bear by Yoko Tawada, originally published in German in 2014 and first published in English in 2016. It’s actually the memoirs of three generations of polar bears, in Moscow and East Germany to the reunification of Germany to the present. It’s published as modern literature, not furry fiction.

It’s “undramatic” by furry fiction standards, more of a fantasy of life in the Soviet Union, Communist Germany, and capitalist Germany from about the 1960s to the present, but it should definitely be read by FWG members, and considered for the Cóyotl Award for Best Novel of 2016. I read it for free from the public library, so maybe your public library has it.

I did have a couple things published last year: “Trade All the Stars” in Fragments of Life’s Heart, which I’ll probably put up for free next week, and “A Day With No Tide” in Gods With Fur.

I made a post over on my Member News with my eligible works (http://www.anthroaquatic.com/forum/index.php?topic=776.msg13367#msg13367) which also has links to reading copies of a couple of them. Quick list:

Short Story:
“All of You Are In Me,” in Gods With Fur
“The Elusion of Truth,” in Twelve Sides
“The Favor of the Gods,” in Hot Dish 2

Novella:
The Time He Desires (FurPlanet, December 2016)

Novel:
Over Time (Sofawolf, January 2016)
Black Angel (Sofawolf, March 2016)

I released one work that would be eligible:

Novel:
Tailless (Rabbit Valley, May 2016)

A little late to the party, but I’d just like to point out that, while not a fully anthropomorphic anthology, Wolf Warriors III contained several anthropomorphic short stories:

“Matriarchal Complications” by Varzen Dralmort
“Howling Good Christmas” by Lou Gagliardi
“The Wolf and the Figs” by Graham Houghton
“The Winter Wolf” by Kristen Hubschmid
“Brothers in Flux” by Bill Kieffer (aka Greyflank)
“The Winter Wolves of Spring” by J. Noelle
“A Christmas Story for Pups” by Hemal Rana
“Out of the Circle” by Adam Robertson
“The Night Pack” by Ryft Sarri
“Solongo” by Allison Thai
“First Contact: From the Files of Department 118” by Layson Williams
“Cages”, “Paradise”, and “The Voice” by me

I think these are all the stories with clear anthropomorphic elements. But if I missed something, feel free to modify or add to this list.

(Also, as mentioned earlier, two of my other short stories are eligible: “A Thousand Dreams” from ROAR 7 and “Catching the Thief” from A Glimpse of Anthropomorphic Literature.)