Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Rainfurrest 2015

Should we pour out a 40 for Maggie?

I’d be down for that. Or at least a bag of popcorn sage nods

Aww. Can she not make it? :frowning:

Unfortunately. 

This is why she needs to be GOH next year sage nods

Hey folks, Quinn’s looking for a hotel room for RF. He’s planning on suiting, and is bringing a +1. Would rather not room if possible. Anyone know anything that might be available in the area? If not, I’ll sniff around the area myself. Maybe the Red Lion would be good :stuck_out_tongue:

New overflow hotel (pasted from RF’s FA journal):

"We now have another overflow hotel that is open for anyone who did not get a reservation in at any of the other hotels.

Motel 6
Address: 16500 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188
Phone: (206) 246-4101

The price is about $85.00 per night."

If I remember right, it’s no Hyatt, but it’s not half bad either.

I may as well mention that the list of possible panels has been released to a select audience. To add to this, I suggested an editing panel and a panel for the FWG, both of which I was surprised weren’t on the initial list (especially the latter). If you have interest in being on a panel and did not get the email, let us know in the thread here, and one of us can forward you the email.

It’s still looking like a hilarious longshot for me to be at RF, probably only about 10% or so. Canadian exchange rate is presently brutal, and with the oilsands going down hard there’s a big crapturn for the economy.

Nevertheless, if I decide I can make it, I’ll try to hit up as many of the writing track panels as I can.

I have an interest in being on panels!

Emailed!

I’ve been meaning to write back to them all week but haven’t had the chance, but I’m going to write an email tonight and see if there isn’t some way we can get an FWG event on the official schedule. (The panels this year are… pretty specific. Especially genre-specific. There are only a couple I feel really qualified to be on, which is kind of scary for me, considering my situation…) o_o

Alright folks! Here’s the official email with the panel lists, as well as the contact email if you’re interested in speaking on any of them! Please be sure to follow the instructions when replying to make this as easy on our wonderful organizers as possible!

Hello Fellow Furry Writers!

Like every year, we have put together our list of potential panels for the year, and would like to extend the invite to you. Please make sure to forwards these lists to friends you know in the fandom if there are new faces you think would enjoy panelling for us, including from them a brief bio of their work so we can see who’s coming.

But, without further ado, here you are. Please let us know which ones you are interested in, so we can begin putting together our lists for the con and make sure we schedule you all based on your interests and the time available. Right now we only have the panel names and brief descriptions, and larger descriptions will be posted with the conbook and Sched. If you have suggestions on what to say about the panels themselves, please feel free to let us know, so we can take those ideas and work with them for you.

Writing 101 (2 Panels)

Safety in Numbers: Writing Groups

Who is Mary Sue?

Oh, the Horror! Writing Horror in Furry Fiction

Ripping the Bodice: Romance and the Genre

Research and Internal Consistency

One Destination, Many Paths: Traditional and Self-Publishing

En Garde! Thrilling and Believable Action Sequences

And So It Came to Pass: History in Furry Fiction

I Cast Thee Out! Dealing with Rejection and Critique

Everyone Needs a Thief and a Cleric: Tropes and Cliches in Fantasy

It’s Not Magic: Writing a Believable Sex Scene

Unspeakable Urges: Writing Kink in Fantasy

Questing Across the World: Fantasy Writing Around the World

The Bestiarium: Writing Fantastical Creature Anatomy

Dogs and Cats Living Together: Writing Erotic Furry Anatomy

Wide Open: Erotic Author AMA

Flash Fiction

Flash Fiction - BAD Fiction

Bad Flash Fiction: After Dark Edition

Coyotl Awards Ceremony

Best Wishes during this beautiful summertime,
Sterling, Hunter, & Kitswulf
2015 Rainfurrest Writing Track Team

Emails sent to: programming@rainfurrest.com

Well…it is if you do it right.

So many panels! And such great titles. Particularly fond of ‘Dogs and Cats Living Together’ :slight_smile:

Hunter replied to me. Once he figures out where to put it, an editing panel will be on the books, hosted by me. I recommended the Tigrox for a spot (because I know he’d kill me if I didn’t), so if anyone else wants to volunteer for a spot, feel free to shoot him an email.

Regarding the FWG panel: From what I’m told, it sounds like there’ll be a meet and greet that is on the official con schedule but taking place outside of the con panel space, using the suites. (They say “like before,” which is hard for me to picture since I wasn’t there before, but I remember there being some writing panels/events taking place in a suite/room?) This is supposed to be finalized this week at the con staff meeting.

Sean, I would enjoy being on said panel.

Last year the writing track was in one of two rooms, a typical panel room, and a con suite dedicated to the writing track. The FWG Meet and Greet (Which was Ryffnah explaining what the FWG is) was ran in the suite.

I would certainly not mind that. Like I said, shoot Hunter an email and let him know =)