Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Rainfurrest 2015 Anthology Invitation

(Here it is!)

Rainfurrest 2015 Anthology Project Rules

Word Count: 6,000-12,000 words double spaced please and 12 point font so it can be read.

Note: All submissions from writers and artists will be considered donated and all proceeds will go to the Rainfurrest charity.

Theme: Swords and Sorcery

Some examples of this theme are the Arthurian Legends, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, The Dragon Lance series by Weis and Hickman, Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson and The Spell Singer series by Alan Dean Foster.

Rating: G to PG-13 for the regular Anthology and R to X for the Adult Anthology (the adult Anthology will only be published if there is enough interest shown by authors to allow us to go forward with the project.)

Please submit all work and questions to Anthology@rainfurrest.com

Deadlines:

-Initial submissions due: 03/08/2015 where the stories will be picked and returned by 03/31/15 for those selected for the Anthology.

• 2nd draft will be due 05/02/15 returned 06/01/15 for final editing by the author.

• Final submissions due by 06/30/15. (Final Deadline may change due to publishers needs but authors will be informed in a timely manner if that happens.)

If you participated in the 2014 writing competition and would like to expand and enhance your story in order to submit to the 2015 Anthology we invite and encourage you to do so.

We look forward to reading your 2015 Anthology submissions,

The Rainfurrest Anthology Team.

May I recommend actually posting these guidelines on the RF website this year? ^^

Got the email, and have a copy of Fable saved to the laptop (finally!) so I can work on it! Really excited to see what kind of stories this year’s theme brings up X3

It’s true I pestered Ocean several times about the guidelines because he was the one who had the email xD

Help me keep to deadlines, guys, I have two half-finished pieces for the RF anthology going full Conan:

Gorn Gutchewer and the Lords of Iron
Gorn Gutchewer and the Forgetting Temple

Working titles. I’m going for fun-pulpy paperback; is it too on the nose?

I think it looks fine. However, guess I shouldn’t do this, otherwise we may end up with a LOT of stories titled like this. :slight_smile:

Definitely plan to submit something for this one! I actually have a concrete idea for the adult anthology, so hopefully that pans out. There’s definitely a few of us that will likely submit to that one. ^^

I’m not planning anything for the adult anthology, but for the regular one I’m looking to finally go back to the world of By Sword and Star to tell a story set while Breckon the rabbit is training with the squirrel-clan. (Hopefully it will come in over 6K…)

Oh, excellent - I thought that was a really sweet little subplot.

Quick question. How many stories/high of a word count would be needed to get the adult antho published?

Are you guys doing interior illustrations for this again? And if so, how does that work?

I’ll throw this in here just one more time, and this time on a medium that’s not going to be filtered out in 20 seconds. Inspired by reading through last night’s chat logs.

I’m still open to edit this thing as my charitable donation (since I’m not a writer). However, because of the 20 Voices project and Claw the Way to Victory, I’ll need a yes or a no fairly soon if you want me to edit this.

You all already know I am totally writing for this. :smiley:

This was posted in the shoutbox, but I said I’d repost the info here so it’s more permanent.

Per my discussion with Gene Armstrong, founder of the anthology, this afternoon:

Accepted stories are exclusive to the Rainfurrest anthology for a period a six months from date of publication.
After that point authors have full rights to their stories and may post them or submit them elsewhere, etc.