Furry Writers' Guild Forum

NaNoWriMo 2015

The NaNoWriMo website is now ready for 2015:

http://nanowrimo.org/

While I still don’t have the nerve to do this myself, I wish luck to those who attempt it.

Woo! I’m excited! I’m there as makyo, I’d love to add others as well!

You’ll find me under the name Searska_GreyRaven. :slight_smile:

Doing it for the first time. I’m under Mog Moogle … original, I know. ^.^

My name on the NaNo site is Eccentric Canid. I am so excited for this year! I’ve never gotten to 50,000 words in November, but this time I’m sure I can do it! :smiley:

I’m trying to figure out what to do for NaNo: continue an old novel I never finished, start a completely new one, or break up the 50,000 words across several short stories and poems. Any thoughts or suggestions…? Just trying to figure out what would give me the most momentum this coming month, and what would be best for my growth as a writer. :slight_smile:

Just based on my experience, breaking the 50K into short stories is a lot harder than writing a longer project. It takes a lot more time and effort to write 1000 words of a short story than it does to write 1000 words of a novel (because with shorter works, typically you’re finishing a story at least weekly and then having to reset your brain for new setting, characters, figuring out the plot, etc.).

I won once that way, if I recall, but I swore I’d never do it again. Your mileage may vary, of course. :slight_smile:

I found the exact opposite. That it was easier for me to break down and write short stories. None were planned out. They were more a flash fiction exercise but it was great fun and a learning experience at writing a variety of different stories and genres.

I wish all who are participating good luck. I participated in Camp and that was an interesting endeavor, but maybe next year for me.

Happy writing, fellow writers.

Thanks for your perspectives, PT and Ocean. I find it interesting how different strategies work for different people. I guess the moral of the story is… different things come more or less naturally to different writers, so no one can tell you what to do. x3

NaNoWriMo,

I almost forgot about it.

I missed last year, but in 2013 I wrote the first draft of the novel I self-published earlier this year.

I’ve got the same username on the official site, see you there.

I plan to visit with a work in progress. There’s several good anthologies with a deadline in December that I could aim for, but I think I’m going for a novella with Brooklyn Blackie.

I’m gearing up to do it, including reading a bunch of reference material for it.
Yannarra is also contemplating it, which is awesome. :smiley:
Never done a couple’s Nano before!!

Aww, you guys! :slight_smile:

That sounds like a good topic for a blog post afterward. XD

If Yan goes forward with it 100%, We will have to do one for sure!

To those interested and who are doing it this year, a group has been formed on the NaNoWriMo forums for furry fiction.

http://nanowrimo.org/forums/other-genres/threads/250876?page=1&per_page=20

Just checked it out. Conversations are pretty nice. :slight_smile:

Glad to see you like it.

I really wanted to participate this year, but prudence says I shouldn’t. The past month has taught me painful lessons about my ability to pursue two projects at once.