Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Here to make friends among my fellow furs and writers

Hello everyone, my name is Mark Engels. I’m glad to meet all of you now that I’ve realized my long-time goal of joining FWG. I am also a member of Allied Authors of Wisconsin, one of the state’s oldest writing collectives. My debut novel ALWAYS GRAY IN WINTER will be published in August of this year by Thurston Howl Publications! First of a series featuring the modern day remnant of an ancient clan of werecats, torn apart by militaries on three continents vying to exploit their deadly talents.

Boyhood interests in trains and electronics fostered my career as an electrical engineer, designing and commissioning signal and communications systems for railroads and rail transit agencies across the United States. Along the way I indulged my writing desire by authoring articles for rail and transit industry trade magazines. Coupled with my long-time membership in anime, manga and anthropomorphic fandoms I took up writing genre fiction. Never far from my beloved Great Lakes living in Michigan, Minnesota and Indiana, my wife and I make our home today in Wisconsin with our son and a dog who naps beside me as I write.

To learn more about my werecats and I, please use the link below to visit my author web site. The stunning artwork alone is worth the trip! And there’s more to come. Subscribe using the form at the bottom for artwork posting notices and book series updates.

Glad to reconnect with old friends on here and eager to make new ones. Give me a shout back or find me using the various social media links on my site. Thank you for having me!

MJE

Pawlina_crop_1.png

Pawlina_crop_2.png

Hana concept 2.png

Welcome to the forums!

Hey, welcome to the forums!

You made it :slight_smile: Nice to see you on here!

Hello! :smiley:

Hello and Welcome! I’ve seen you twitter and places!

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you around.

Thank you! Glad to be here. Already finding a lot of great stuff.

MJE

Thank you! Glad to see one of my tweeps in here.

MJE

Yes I did! Dwale and Chipotle were helpful in my getting settled. Glad to see another one of my tweeps!

MJe

RAWR backatchas! You can see I write about werecats so I’m always glad to make a friend of the feline persuasion.

MJE

Yes, yes you have! Glad to see another one of my tweeps in here. Really enjoyed reading your interview with my publisher Thurston Howl!

MJE

And thank you! Looking forward to future conversations with you and the rest of the esteemed membership.

MJE

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you and glad to be here. Poetigress tweeted how this forum exists thanks to the work of many, so thank you all for having me.

MJE

:smiley: Felines are very cool.

Welcome to Forum. Looking forward to seeing any future post from you.

Thank you! Certainly will post more about my book and my publisher Thurston Howl as my werecat book’s release date draws nigh. Combing through the forums to get to know the members here better. Found the Research board especially interesting to see what things each poster has experienced in their lives and what they can speak with authority about.

MJE

Greets!

Thank you! Noticed in the Member Knowledge Base thread you were an autoworker. I’m a native Detroiter; my first jobs out of college were in several of the Big Three’s plants. A couple today are 200±acre parking lots.

MJE