Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Bête, by Adam Roberts

From reading this review, this might be one of those books where half of it (at least) will go way over my head, but still sounds interesting:

http://www.strangehorizons.com/reviews/2014/11/bte_by_adam_rob.shtml

Damn, that does sound good. And I can explain any Dad’s Army references for you :slight_smile:

Bummer! This is only published in Great Britain right now (Gollantz), so the L.A.-area libraries don’t have it. There will presumably be an American edition eventually …

My sister has ordered “Bête” through Amazon.com as a Christmas present for me. Thanks, Sherry!

I got “Bête” from Amazon.com, but with some problem. My sister ordered one copy; Amazon.com sent her two copies and billed her for both. When she protested the second copy, Amazon.com said, “You can always return any unwanted books for a refund.” But they won’t refund their shipping charges, and she has to pay to ship back the unwanted copy; about $10.00. And the refund isn’t cash; Amazon.com issues a credit on her next purchase.

Anyway, I have read “Bête” now, and just sent my review to Dogpatch Press. Yes, the book is excellent. I highly recommend it.