Furry Writers' Guild Forum

A Few Immodest Proposals

I was thinking along the same lines. It’s a simple way to get both sites onto the same domain without moving either one of them physically. The question is whether the forum is running on a server that will allow an alternate host name. If it’s Apache it probably can do it, but may need some help from the provider in getting it set up.

As a successful self published eBook author, I’m always willing to help people with the basics for getting their stories published. I have done presentations at two FC’s over the last few years, and I’m hoping to do a few more at some other conventions going forward.

If anyone needs help or wants some pointers on publishing their work, or a quick look at some of the content, I’m available. I do not have the time however, to read and edit other people’s works, as I have busy workday schedule currently.

As for providing editing services in general, well there are a lot of people out there these days selling such services, I even use one for my own works, because it pays to have a proof reader or copy editor to help find mistakes. And the pro’s can turn their work around in often just a day or two.

I think the biggest help any writer can give to a new writer are to help them learn the basics of story telling. I personally think that Orson Scott Card’s book on ‘How to write Fantasy and Science Fiction’, is a very worthwhile read.